Compass sells ASIC miners with and without hosting. Available hardware can be found on the Hardware page.
Choosing your ASIC is one of the most important decisions any miner needs to make. We will guide you through some of the key factors to consider:
- Brand and model - Bitmain (Antminer), MicroBT (WhatsMiner), and Canaan (AvalonMiner) are the most well-known bitcoin ASIC manufacturers with years of history. There are other companies that produced bitcoin ASICs, however, you should always do your due diligence.
- Hashrate and power consumption - The hashrate is measured in TH/s and is the computing speed of the machine, and determines how much bitcoin you can mine per day. The power consumption is measured in kW and determines how much you will need to pay for your hosting bill. A higher hashrate and lower power consumption are best.
- Price - The price shown includes the hardware price, and any applicable shipping costs and duties to get the hardware landed in the chosen country unless stated otherwise.
- Shipping date, location, and lead time - There is a price premium on machines that can get up and mining faster. ASIC manufacturers have monthly production schedules, and the further out your purchase, the cheaper the machines can be. If a machine says "May 2021", it means that it will ship as per the manufacturer's production schedule and will ship by May 30, 2021. From pickup, it then takes around 4-5 for weeks in China or Hong Kong to arrive at facilities in the USA, Canada, Russia, and Kazakhstan.
- Condition and warranty - New and used ASICs can both be purchased with Compass. New units come with a manufacturer warranty (Bitmain, MicroBT, and Canaan all offer 12-month warranties), and used units can come in varying conditions. Compass only sells used units that have been thoroughly tested and are in good or excellent condition.
- Minimum order quantity (MOQ) - The MOQ is the minimum order size. Where possible we try to set a MOQ of 1 unit, however in some cases, a larger number of units will need to be purchased to complete the order.
Always perform due diligence and do your own research. Please also read the Purchase Policy and Resale Policy prior to purchasing.