Slush Pool has a feature which allows anybody to make read-only sub accounts. This is useful for sharing their mining metrics without revealing critical data. Read-only accounts are a great way to monitor mining operations and even troubleshoot issues when they arise.
Compass mining may ask you to provide a read-only account to aid in troubleshooting. This is completely optional as we value your privacy and all issues can be resolved without a read-only account but it does make things easier.
Here are the steps to creating a read-only account:
- Log into your Slush Pool account from https://slushpool.com/mining/overview/
- In the top right select "Access Profiles" from your username drop down menu.
- Select "Create New" to bring up a profiles form.
- Enter a profile username. We recommend 'compass' for simplicity.
- Select "read-only" from the access permissions drop down.
- Check "Allow website login"
- Enter in a password for the read-only account. We recommend 'compass' for simplicity.
- Press "Create Access Profile", enter your Pool account password to verify changes and press 'Authenticate'. COMPASS WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR POOL ACCOUNT PASSWORD! DO NOT EVER GIVE THIS OUT!
- Passing along this read-only long in information in secure channels will help us root cause any issues you are experiencing with your miners.