Sharing your pool username is necessary for Compass to configure your miner and to initiate hashing to your SlushPool account. SlushPool also has the ability to create a read-only account which allows anybody with the login to view your pool account. While this is optional, it is useful for troubleshooting your machines as needed.
Here are the steps needed to locate your SlushPool username and set up a read-only account:
- Log into your SlushPool account from https://slushpool.com/en/home/
- In the top right you can view your pool username. Take note of this as it is necessary to direct hash rate to your account.
- 'Compass_Test' is the username in the image above.
- Click on the user icon to the right of the username to reveal a drop down menu.
- Select 'Access Profiles'.
- Select 'Create New+'.
- In the 'Create Access Profile' popup, input a Profile Name. We recommend using 'Compass' for simplicity.
- Select 'Limited read-only' under 'Access Permissions'.
- Check 'Allow access to web APIs' and click on the 'Generate new token' button. Take note of the API token.
- Check 'Allow website login' and input a password. This password should be unique from your SlushPool password. This will be the password Compass uses to login and view your account for troubleshooting. Compass will only have view access to hashrate and nothing else.
- Select 'Create Access Profile' and enter in your account password.
Stratum Server URL's can be located here. The most commonly used for BTC are as follows:
It is suggested that you select one of these as your primary and the remainder for backup stratum servers. If a server goes down the miner will automatically move to the backup stratum and mining will continue uninterrupted.
COMPASS WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR POOL ACCOUNT PASSWORD! DO NOT EVER GIVE THIS OUT!