Sharing your pool username is necessary for Compass to configure your miner and to initiate hashing to your Binance Pool account. Binance Pool also has the ability to share watcher links which allows anybody with the link to view your pool account. While this is optional, it is useful for troubleshooting your machines as needed.
Here are the steps needed to locate your Binance username and watcher link:
- Log into your Binance Pool account from https://pool.binance.com/en.
- Select 'Mining Account' below the website banner.
- Enter in a Mining Account name and select your mining coin/algorithm. This account name will be your binance username needed for miner configuration.
- Press the 'Create' button.
- If prompted, complete the ID verification process associated with Binance Pool
- To locate your watcher link, click 'Account Settings in the upper right corner
- In the Account interface, click Watcher Links. A setup window will appear.
- Complete the set up process and copy the link provided. Compass only needs view access to Miners for troubleshooting.
Stratum Server URL's can be located here. The most commonly used for BTC are as follows:
It is suggested that you select one of these as your primary and the remainder for backup stratum servers. If a server goes down the miner will automatically move to the backup stratum and mining will continue uninterrupted.
Information on watcher links can be found on the Binance FAQ website.
COMPASS WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR POOL ACCOUNT PASSWORD! DO NOT EVER GIVE THIS OUT!