Sharing your pool username is necessary for Compass to configure your miner and to initiate hashing to your Luxor Pool account. Luxor Pool also has the ability to share watcher links which allows anybody with the link to view your pool account. While this is optional, it is useful for troubleshooting your machines as needed.
There are currently two Luxor pool platforms. We will focus on the new platform. Old platform stratums will need to be configured under 'Other Pool' due to its unique stratum URL.
Here are the steps needed to locate your Luxor username and watcher link:
- Log into your Luxor pool account account from https://app.luxor.tech/en/login.
- On the left hand side take note of your username listed under sub account. This is necessary to direct hash rate to your account.
- Be sure to select the coin you are mining on the left above your username.
- On the left under subaccount management, select 'Watcher Links'.
- Click on the 'Generate New Link' button.
- The watcher link can be copied using the 'copy link' button or by clicking on the random string that appears.
- On the left under Settings, select 'API Keys'.
- Click on the 'Generate new Key' button.
- This will prompt you to enter in a key name. We recommend using 'Compass' for simplicity. Enter in the name of choice and press the 'Generate new Key button'
- The key can be copied using the 'copy link' button or by clicking on the random string that appears.
Stratum Server URL's can be located here. The most commonly used for BTC are as follows:
It is suggested that you select one of these as your primary and the remainder for backup stratum servers. If a server goes down the miner will automatically move to the backup stratum and mining will continue uninterrupted.
COMPASS WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR POOL ACCOUNT PASSWORD! DO NOT EVER GIVE THIS OUT!