Sharing your pool username is necessary for Compass to configure your miner and to initiate hashing to your Poolin account. Poolin also has the ability to share watcher links which allows anybody with the link to view your pool account. While this is optional, it is useful for troubleshooting your machines as needed.
Here are the steps needed to locate your Poolin username and watcher link:
- Log into your Poolin account from https://www.poolin.com/.
- In the Upper menu, select Pool Account.
- Select 'Mining Management' on the left to see your account username.
- Select 'Watcher Settings' from the 'Mining Management' menu.
- Click on the '+New Watcher' button.
- Input a 'Remark' and check 'Worker'. We recommend 'compass' for simplicity. Press the Save button when ready.
- Press the 'Copy' button to copy the watcher link.
Stratum Server URL's can be located here. The most commonly used for BTC are as follows:
It is suggested that you select one of these as your primary and the remainder for backup stratum servers. If a server goes down the miner will automatically move to the backup stratum and mining will continue uninterrupted.
COMPASS WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR POOL ACCOUNT PASSWORD! DO NOT EVER GIVE THIS OUT!