This is a reference document for setting up, and managing your Binance account. We have assembled important information necessary to get started mining with Compass using Binance. If you have any questions regarding your miners we will be happy to help you but if you have technical questions or issues with your pool account you may need to reach out to Binance to get them resolved.
NOTE: COMPASS WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR POOL ACCOUNT PASSWORD! DO NOT EVER GIVE THIS OUT!
- Creating a Binance account
- locate your Binance username and watcher link
- Stratum Server URLs
- Locate your Compass Wallet Deposit/Payout Address
- Pool Support
Creating a Binance account
Visit Binance registration page and follow their registration instructions.
locate your Binance username and watcher link
Sharing your pool username is necessary for Compass to configure your miner and to initiate hashing to your Binance Pool account. Binance Pool also has the ability to share watcher links which allows anybody with the link to view your pool account. While this is optional, it is useful for troubleshooting your machines as needed. Here are the steps needed to locate your Binance username and watcher link:
- Log into your Binance Pool account from https://pool.binance.com/en.
- Select 'Mining Account' below the website banner.
- Enter in a Mining Account name and select your mining coin/algorithm. This account name will be your binance username needed for miner configuration.
- Press the 'Create' button.
- If prompted, complete the ID verification process associated with Binance Pool
- To locate your watcher link, click 'Account Settings in the upper right corner
- In the Account interface, click Watcher Links. A setup window will appear.
- Complete the set up process and copy the link provided. Compass only needs view access to Miners for troubleshooting.
Information on watcher links can be found on the Binance FAQ website.
Stratum Server URLs
Stratum mining is a pooled mining protocol necessary to mine Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. When configuring your miner we need to know what your mining pool's Stratum URL is so that we can properly configure the miner. Once entered your miner will be able to communicate with the corresponding mining pool. Depending on the pool you are using Compass will auto populate the Stratum URL. If you are using a less common pool then you will be responsible for locating and providing the Stratum URL upon request.
Stratum Server URL's can be located here. The most commonly used for BTC are as follows:
It is suggested that you select one of these as your primary and the remainder for backup stratum servers. If a server goes down the miner will automatically move to the backup stratum and mining will continue uninterrupted.
Locate your Compass Wallet Deposit/Payout Address
The Compass Wallet can be accessed using the Compass Wallet button within your Dashboard. Here you will see a Deposit menu which can be used to fund your wallet. The wallet is the quickest and easiest way to pay Compass invoices or to buy new hardware. Any funds in the wallet can be converted or withdrawn at any time..
To use the deposit feature follow the steps and animations below:
- Log into your Compass Account.
- Navigate to the customer Dashboard.
- Click on Compass Wallet.
- Select the Deposit tab.
- Select BTC - Bitcoin currency.
- Press the Deposit button to see your wallet deposit address.
- From your preferred Bitcoin, scan or paste in the Compass Wallet address.
- Input the amount you would like to send and confirm. BTC deposit are batched twice a day, wait a few hours for the deposit to be shown in the Wallet.
NOTE: Bitcoin transactions will process after 3 confirmations and will be reflected in your wallet twice per day.
Compass will try to do everything it can to help you along your mining journey and we encourage customers to reach out with any questions they have regarding their miners and payouts. That being said we do use the existing mining pool structures that exist today and some questions we are unable to answer. If you have any pool specific questions questions or concerns please reach out to your corresponding mining pool for assistance. Binance's support can be found here.